To improve your brand’s credibility, engagement, conversion rates, product visibility, and search engine optimization (SEO), consider creating an educational video that explains your service or product effectively, and uses your expertise to provide valuable insight to your customers.
We suggest the following tips for crafting an engaging educational video to reach your customers and prospects:
- Introduction: In the age of social media it is extra important to ensure viewers hear the purpose of the video in the first few seconds. Get their attention immediately by providing a hook, then introduce yourself and the subject you’ll be discussing.
- Outline the objectives: Tell people exactly what they will take away from watching the video. If people feel from the beginning that they will benefit from your content, they will be more likely to stick around.
- Content: Make the information easy to understand by incorporating visuals, audio, and text. The old saying is a picture is worth a thousand words, and there are hundreds of pictures in a video! Use examples and anecdotes to help your message to come across as interesting, relatable, and easy to understand.
- Conclusion: To wrap things up, briefly restate the key points so that the audience can draw their own conclusions. Even if a customer watched your whole video, they are more likely to retain the content if you summarize your message shortly before the end. These are the words that will still be in their minds after they have stopped watching.
- Call to action: Encourage viewers to take action, whether it’s to sign up for a service, download a resource, or connect with you for further support. Offer additional resources for further learning if necessary.
- End with a closing statement: Thank viewers for watching and invite them to get in touch with any questions.
Remember to keep the video engaging and relevant to the target audience. For example, if you are a therapist and looking to make content for potential clients, avoid using industry jargon that may not be relatable or understood by someone who is not also a therapist, as they are likely not your target audience. Always make sure the video is visually appealing and easy to follow. This will keep them engaged for the journey and coming back for more.
For more information, insights, or to start your next video project, reach out to us here at Giant Shoe to take the first steps!